I am a mobile software engineer living in Denver Colorado. I spend my time writing code, mostly Swift, hanging out with my wife and 3 boys, injuring myself while running and coaching my kids’ soccer teams.
My current role is Principal Engineer at CirrusMD.
Creating software has always been a creative outlet for me. I love learning new languages, technologies and approaches. I love learning from other programmers and teaching other programmers. But ultimately, my love of programming comes from creating something that people enjoy using. An application that people want to use, that solves a problem for them, makes their life easier, helps or entertains them. I’m lucky I get to build products that matter to the people who use them.
Over the last 20 years I have charted a path from my background in fine arts to software engineering. I’ve worked with dozens of companies on projects using many technologies along the way. My life as a programmer started with plain html in the late 1990s leading to ActionScript in the early 2000s to C#, Ruby, Objective-C and my current love, Swift. Since the early days of Swift development in the fall of 2014 I have been lucky to spend most of my time working in it.
- CirrusMD – Principal Engineer 7/2017 – present
- Ello – Mobile Lead 1/2015 – 7/2017
- Ello – VP Engineering 10/2015 – 5/2016
- GoSpotCheck – Principal Mobile Engineer 5/2014 – 9/2014
- process255 – Owner 10/2009 – 1/2015
- Factory Design Labs – Sr. Diretor of Interactive Services 5/2009 – 10/2009
- Factory Design Labs – User Interface Development Director 5/2008 – 5/2009
- Factory Design Labs – Lead User Interface Developer 4/2007 – 5/2008
- Xylem Interactive – Technical Manager 9/2005 – 4/2007
- Xylem Interactive – Web Developer 10/2004 – 9/2005
- Cramer – Sr. Designer 3/2003 – 10/2004
- Kaminsky Strategik Design – Designer 11/2001 – 3/2003